Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
278 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Horn
A rather boring honk, but it should be loud and clear.

It should work with key on or off....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14804 Posts

Yippeee......it's Monday get up and seize the day Guru's...... get to work to pay more taxes..... Foggy here this morning as the work in the house continues......

The Onyx is in for the bathrooms so the bathroom Onyx guys will be coming in to lay waste to the old tiles...... get it done is what I say.......Lordy.....

Big work this week ........ more later........
Posted on: 2017/4/3 13:02

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Morning guys....Slept in a little. Woke up at normal time but didn't get up until almost 8.

Some computer work today and a few things in the shop that I can do.

It's sunny, but cool and they are saying possibility of some more moisture all week. Bring it on. I trust everyone here will have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/4/3 13:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7757 Posts

A DRIPPY, GRAY DAY IN THE NATIONS. DARLING WIFE IS HAVING A HEN PARTY TODAY SO I WILL SOON E&E THE AO. THIS IS GOING TO INTERFERE WITH MY NAP.
Posted on: 2017/4/3 14:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Lovely day yesterday, had a terrible toothache all day, kept me up much of the night. Around 11pm I decided to take some antibiotics, and it got much better a couple hours later. I went to the dentist first thing this morning, and looks like I may need a root canal or 2 - I have to go back on Thursday. Delightful.

Meanwhile, this would be fun:

http://www.insidehook.com/nation/worlds-fastest-bumper-car

Enjoy the rest of your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/4/3 19:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33837 Posts

Sue's grandad used to say if you have to pay taxes it means you're making money. It sad ..... but true.
Posted on: 2017/4/3 19:50

pianoguy Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Alrighty, then - what's not to like about a 6-run inning? Unless you're Tom, that is :P
Posted on: 2017/4/3 22:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22815 Posts

Cold, drab, and rainy all day. The drive home was slow with lots of traffic. Oh well.

Marcus, I missed my Mac guy today so I couldn't get my new wrenches. But I did see my Matco guy and I got my new sockets. It's not a bad feeling when your Matco guy owes you money (truck credit) and you don't actually have to "pay" for anything.

They are calling for snow on Thursday and sun and 70s on Saturday. Go figure. Hope to get the car this weekend.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2017/4/3 23:23

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Alrighty, then - what's not to like about a 6-run inning? Unless you're Tom, that is :P

Yea, not a good start for us today..... It's the first day of the season, we'll make a comeback.
Posted on: 2017/4/4 2:04

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

I got a lot of stuff done today. Several things cut on the router, helped my buddy set some trim.

#2 calls me about 10:45 saying she's got a flat tire, with the car we just put new tires on about 3 weeks ago, and on her way to the 'city' (about 5 miles out). OK, I'll come out and change the tire...."Does the spare have air in it?" (I hear her go back open the trunk, rummage around), then she says "Yes". So I grab my floor jack, socket set, breaker bar and torque wrench. As I'm backing out Rosie says, maybe we ought to take the Caddy, and let her go on, as we really don't want her driving on the 'donut' spare. So she follows me out. I get there, break the nuts loose, jack up and pull off the tire. #2 drags the 'donut' around and guess what? Yea, it's FLAT. So we send her on with her client to the 'city' and we load up the two tires. I make Rosie stay, as I figure If we left the car alone along a MAJOR highway that my jack would be gone when we returned. (And Rosie said that several people stopped to "check things out" while I was gone....good decision, I'm thinking. Anyway, I get the tire fixed (nail puncture) and I haul butt back out and put the tire back on, then haul butt back to get the spare. They just had to break the bead, clean it up and put in a new valve stem.

Once home I headed up to the business I was working on the network, to return the key she left me to work this weekend. She was happy that I got the one Mac and printer working. I told her that I didn't set the other two up as I didn't have passwords. "Can you set them up NOW? We could really use being able to print." "Sure I can do that." So I spend an hour doing that.

I come back home and work in the shop, cut a couple more things on the router. It's been a long day, I start to relax a bit when Rosie comes down asking if I went to see "XXXXX", Crap, no! So I run across town to see the guy I told I would be there today. Once I get there, there's nobody there. So home I go. About the time I get here the phone rings and it's him. I ask, "Are you home?" "No that's what I'm calling you about. When I got home my wife was really sick and I'm at the hospital with her, she's in bad shape. What I needed you to look at was the roof on the porch." It's an enclosed porch which I built 30 years ago. "Some of the shingles are gone and it's supposed to rain tonight and I need you to go put a tarp over it." So Rosie and I find a big tarp and I gather up some tools, and we haul butt across town (as it is starting to get dark....and actually looking like it could start raining anytime. I climb up there and find almost all the roll shingles gone, down to bare plywood in places. I get the tarp spread out and nailed down.

My butt is dragging.
Posted on: 2017/4/4 2:44

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22815 Posts

Busy boy, TB. You're a good man.
Posted on: 2017/4/4 3:16

Ultraman Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14804 Posts

Sorry Matt but I have to say those guys are enablers....... you give them money they give you an open end fix........ sad but true.......by the way any old wrenches you have i would gladly ta...........nevermind.......

Long day and another one tomorrow.........gnight Guru's
Posted on: 2017/4/4 3:26

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Whaaa.....not the Monday Chat already.......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33837 Posts

Tom, what would your surgeon have to say about what you did today? You are on light duty I would think. Doesn't sound too light.
Posted on: 2017/4/4 4:04

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

I didn't lift anything more than 15 lbs, without help. I guess we'll see though.he told me to do my 'normal things" except the limit.
Posted on: 2017/4/4 12:18

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.