Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
248 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

vetteblondie, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14804 Posts

Wow.....work continues on the home renovation......Lordy what a mess....

ring ring........
Posted on: 2017/3/31 13:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7757 Posts

OVERCAST AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WILL CLEAR OFF SAY THE WEATHER WIZARDS. THE CHEROKEES ARE SKEPTICAL.

GOT A VAMPIRE APPOINTMENT THIS MORNING, THEN TO TULSA AND SET UP FOR THE WANNENMACHER SHOW. GOT #3 GRANDSON COMING OVER THIS EVENING TO GO WITH ME TOMORROW. HE HAS MONEY BURNING A HOLE IN HIS POCKET AND IS ALL CRANKED UP TO BUY SOMETHING, HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW WHAT :-)
Posted on: 2017/3/31 13:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Morning guys.... It was a long day yesterday. My "quick deal" with the new router/print server setup was a fiasco. I worked for 4 hours trying to get the Macs to work with the print server, to no avail. I spent about a hour with tech support (for the print server) only to find out that, that particular PS doesn't support the version of Mac OS X that the computers have (and they are at the max version that the hardware supports). So I had to rig it for them while I did some research. While I was there, one of their employees, who had talked to me several times before about some work, came in and asked where they were in my 'que'. I told them I could come take a look at the project when I was done there.

I go to see them at about 1:30 and walk out about 5:15 with a basic plan in hand. I tell them I'll go home and do a scaled drawing and figure out the specifics. So I get home, Rosie is still at work, so I go down (into my dungeon work area) and decide to start the drawings and research on the print server. These two things are done on separate computers.

Earlier this week when the storm rolled through, we had a "blip" with the electrical supply and all the electrical stuff was interrupted. My UPS apparently didn't have enough juice to keep them from going off. So I turn to the first computer and push the start button to turn it on, only to find it won't start the video....well crap the "blip" burned out the video card, I'll get to that one later. Turn around to restart the other one, and it's DEAD, nothing, no lights......Well, double crap!

A little investigating and I find the power supply has been fried. No biggie, I have another power supply, so 45 minutes later I have that computer up and running. I start my research and after another hour I think I have found a solution, so I decide to swap video cards to get the other one running. I have another, identical card, and swap them out..... still nothing. I finally figure out that it has burned the AGP port in the board and it is DEAD in the water as well. Now many people would ask, "Why are you running so many different computers?" And the answer is my CAD program will not run on any OS newer than Win XP, and I don't want to lay out $3000 for a newer version that will, so I continue to keep nursing along this XP box. Well, now I have to do something.

I start looking at the machines I have laying around and find an XP machine that I took out of service when I replaced a computer for some friends. So I fire it up and start cleaning their stuff off and installing what I needed. Well, to make this story a bit shorter, I finally got the thing up and running, to my specs, a little after 1am this morning.

So far this morning, I've been to church, got the drawing done for the people, prepared for the fix on the print server and a few other things in between.

The weather has turned damp and cool (I guess yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day, I darned sure didn't see it). and they say round two of the rain is supposed to be here this afternoon and tomorrow.

I hope everyone here has a great day.
Posted on: 2017/3/31 15:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Made it into the office today, plenty to do. I'm taking half of Monday off to go to the Twinkies' home opener. Should be around 60, much more pleasant than the 38 degrees last year.

Sounds like just a delightful day you had, Tom - sheesh!

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/3/31 15:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Yea, "Delightful" is NOT the way I describe it, Brad.
Posted on: 2017/3/31 17:04

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14804 Posts

Wow.....got tired just reading that Tom......a nap will help I'm thinking......

Went in to see Uboy for his B-day last night....had dinner at Olive Garden......they can still bring it.....ate way to much....then a trip over to Home Despot.....bought them out of all kinds of things.......

Now I gotta go drive the big rigs....just a short run....later boys and girls....
Posted on: 2017/3/31 17:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33837 Posts

Booked round trip flight to Boston this morning for my nephew's graduation. Going to the Heat game tonight with Sue, BIL, nephew in law and two great nephews. Family night. I feel so familial.
Posted on: 2017/3/31 18:08

bogus Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20861 Posts

I am about ready to off Chase Bank...

Trying to wire the $$ for the new Vette and the bank is being nothing but a brick wall of fraud protecting obstruction...

The Mrs spent the best part of 3 hours over 2 days to get the process set up online. Only to get a call 24 hours later that they blocked the transfer due to suspected fraud. Those fucks.

This is not the first time they have done this. When I went to Italy, they killed my debit card because I tried to buy something at the Ferrari Museum!!! This was AFTER we told them I was traveling to Italy for a week.

I called them and bitched at them, but because the account was originally opened by my wife, I needed her SSN to unlock things, and, well, I don't travel with that info... I used a Citi card to make the purchase. It worked. And I never told them jack.

Chase can pretty much rot in hell.
Posted on: 2017/3/31 18:18

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

bogus Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20861 Posts

oh, to top is all off, they locked her out of the online system!

There is fraud protection, then there is nannying...

Oh, when she called to get it sorted, the rep at the other end was all like "what is the money for"... like that is any of their fucking business?

I know where this started... back in the day, it was a common scam to get older people to empty their accounts... all sorts of strange stories were used to get older (ladies, usually) folks to fund some suspect deal.

Posted on: 2017/3/31 18:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22815 Posts

Back in the day, Andy? You mean today. Still happens. Fraud protection is there for a reason. Personally I've had nothing but good experiences with Chase fraud protection. I'm glad it's there.

TB, your computer story sounds like my plumbing story. Pics later, have errands to run.
Posted on: 2017/3/31 22:00

vetteblondie Re: Friday....that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4697 Posts

Never ever have been a fan of Chase. Not a Bank of American fan, either.
Tee, reading all that made my head hurt and you, sir need a nap, a cold one and a massage therapist for your skull. Had to have hurt your head, too.
We have been riding lawmower shopping. I'm wanting a good, used JD with Kohler engine, moderate sized deck. We found one, then turns out there's ownership squabbles amongst that family. No go there. So, now he's impatient and has already taken his lunch hour to visit the JD dealer on his way home and picked out a brand new shiny zero turn thing. WTF?! Can't we discuss this first?
And, he's finally coming around to the idea of a cruise after what I call 'cruising season' is over with. At any rate, one of yous kindly put up a link for me a while back where deals can be had. Care to share that again? I can't find it
Still dealing with torn hip flexor. Smart doc sent me in for physical therapy using up 12 of my ins paid visits for nothing. Seems sensible to me to take someone with suspected torn, bulging muscles in an area that controls their ability to walk and function and send them to someone who will twist, pull, stretch and move said muscles in manner than may worsen the condition. Yup. Sensible indeed. Well now that the PT lettered him and said I "failed" (which they told me they would as they want an MRI first...) we are now going to a bone doc and getting an MRI scheduled. Then this mess starts all over. Nice way to jack my summer.
It's Friday y'all - weekend is upon us - CELEBRATE!
Posted on: 2017/3/31 22:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

TB, your computer story sounds like my plumbing story. Pics later, have errands to run.

Matt, that is the way ALL my plumbing issues go...that's why I love plumbing so much.
Posted on: 2017/3/31 23:41

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.