Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
252 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 02.26.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22815 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

A chill came over the area yesterday and we actually saw some light snow again for the first time in I can't remember. It was actually...winter? What a strange concept. Especially since when you look around here you can see flowers starting to sprout out of the ground already. I just hope it didn't affect my fruit trees too much. I'd be disappointed if it did.

The flu (the real one) has been terrorizing our house for the past two weeks. First RR#2 had it. We thought we were in the clear until last week when I caught it. I'm finally on the tail end of it and RR#1 picked it up in full swing. Fantastic. Just waiting for the wife to get it next week for the full sweep.

Still haven't done our income taxes yet. My W2 just came in the mail yesterday and I have to get the banking info offline. Just need to sit down and organize everything, but I wasn't really in the right frame of mind to do that during the past week or so. Maybe next week. Anyone done already?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/2/26 13:59

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Morning guys....slept until 8. It clear and cold, 16, but they are saying it will get into the high 50s today. We are headed to the 'city' after while for weekly groceries.

Matt, we are always quick to get our taxes figured, not always quick on sending them in. But this year we are getting a nice refund from both the fed and state, so it's done.

Got to get ready to go. Have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/2/26 14:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14804 Posts

Taxes.......what are these taxes I keep hearing about...? When you own a trucking company you don't worry about paying any taxes.......I'm smart like Trump......I pay taxes just not as much as we would.......if.......er.....nevermind...........

The sun is shinning, I slept in and now having a fine breakfast with hot black coffee.....I need to get the big trucks washed today but the lines will be long. They are filthy.....no word yet on the Grand Sport......it will be back soon I am thinking. Then I gotta write the check......bummer.......

Just got done reading Bill O'Riley's the Killing of the Rising Sun. Amazing story about the dropping of the bombs and the ending of a war that claimed millions of lives.......sober reading.......we just can't ever forget the sacrifices made by that generation........

Have an easy day Guru's......
Posted on: 2017/2/26 15:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33837 Posts

Sue was listening to XM radio in the Suburban and said she wanted it back for her Silverado. Both will be signed up for the $10.99 a month (plus taxes and fees), Just under $15 a month for each. Aw-oh ... This triggered a rant. All these monthly recurring bills and fees. Home phone, cell phone, cable/satelite, electric and so on ............ Rigginfriggin sassafrassa ...... We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Posted on: 2017/2/26 16:30

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Nice and sunny out there today. I did a pro-level job of sleeping in - practice makes perfect. The golf simulator was fun yesterday - it shows your swing speed, whether you swung straight through, inside-out or outside in, face angle of the club, and if you hit it from the center, heel or toe of the club. All of those things often wind up being similar to if it just said "YOU SUCK!". Anyway, there is much room for improvement in my game before the real season starts.

I have decided it is against my religion to pay for radio - I have always let the free subscription for XM expire. If they offered an on-demand service for a couple bucks a shot, I'd probably do that for the few times I'd be interested in using it. But they don't, and so they don't get any of my money.

Hope you and the family are feeling better soon, Matt!

Have a good day, all!

Posted on: 2017/2/26 16:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33837 Posts

I'm hot and cold on XM . Had it, dropped it. Got it for free. Have it again. I know every song on the local radio stations playlists and I'M SICK OF IT. Back in the olden days the dj's would mix it up a little unless you were listening to top 20. This canned $#!+ (and XM does it too) drives me nuts. Well, it would drive me nuts if I wasn't already crazy. There is more variety on XM and actually might hear something I haven't heard in a decade or two (even more). I play cd's from time to time when I'm cruisin around.
Posted on: 2017/2/26 19:15

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

RIP Judge Wapner
Posted on: 2017/2/26 22:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33837 Posts

Yes, RIP.

Sebring is now on my calendar. Mar.16,17,18.
Posted on: 2017/2/26 22:30

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14804 Posts

Out here I really like the XM....we even have it in the big rigs.....drivers like it cause they can go cross country and listen to their favorite channels.....one driver got stuck out at Little America for 34 hours and I asked him what everyone did while waiting........other then the lot lizards were making tons of bucks..........nevermind...... He said there were big trucker BS sessions in the cafe...and cards being played.....I said so its kinda like camp? he didn't think so.....

He said he had his tv and some movies and got 3 channels in the truck....I said how does that work and he said there is a plug in for the antenna and it works great....this ain't your daddy's trucking.......

Got the big rigs washed and vacuumed out and filled up for monday......they call me Mr. Truck Monkey........more later as it comes available......
Posted on: 2017/2/26 22:40

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 02.26.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7757 Posts

BACK HOME FROM TULSA, FED AND CONTEMPLATING A PRE-BEDTIME NAP. SLOW DAY AT THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING GUNSHOW. I TRADED A DAMAGED 1906 U.S. CAVALRY SABRE FOR A DAMAGED WW II P38. WHAT EXCITEMENT :-0
Posted on: 2017/2/27 1:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Well we went to the 'city' I picked up a case to put the LED projector at church. It gets carried around quite a bit and I'm afraid that it's going to get damaged.

I then dropped Rosie off at Wally-world and I went to the gun show, that I found out was at the fair grounds. Still waiting for my CC permit and need a gun for carry purposes. Something smaller. Thought I wanted 9mm so I could share with my Taurus. But there appears to be a lot of guns close in size to what I'm thinking, in .380. A former student helps his dad with selling guns, they were there and said the gun they thought I would like, they had sold out of and told me to come out sometime to look and shoot. My neighbor (the one I'm helping with the bathroom) was there too and he walked around with me giving me advice. When we got home he was just pulling up too, he said, "let's go out and shoot some guns." So we went out and he brought several that were in line to what I'm thinking about. A 380, 9mm and a 357 Sig. I also took my Taurus out and shot it. The first shot I did with my gun, I didn't have my thumb down far enough and the slide cut the top of my thumb. I bled and bled.....thankfully, he had some bandages in his pickup. It didn't stop me from firing off a couple hundred rounds. Of the four guns I shot, I did best with mine. Anywhere from 10' to 40', I was most accurate and consistent with my own, but the little 380 was not far behind. My hands are so big, long skinny fingers, that many of the guns I looked at just didn't feel right. I'll work on deciding which gun as the weeks roll on.

I found out Saturday night, that a former preacher we had for 15 years, passed away. I always really liked him, so I am going to take our current preacher, on Tuesday to the funeral. It's two and a half hours away, so Tuesday is shot.
Posted on: 2017/2/27 1:33

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12407 Posts

Oh, we have XM in all three vehicles. I don't care for paying for radio, but I also don't like not being able to listen to what I want. Mostly, I listen to 60's, but enjoy the 50s and 70s stuff too. The other thing is being able to listen to my Royals when we are out of the area. I call each year when renewal comes up and work a better price than they tell me it's going to be. They will work with you.
Posted on: 2017/2/27 4:12

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.